Henrik's Home Page
Since Last Version of AbcMus
Major Improvements in Version 2.0
- Support for long file names (more than 8+3 characters)
- Powerful music search feature, which finds similar tunes even though they might be transposed or have different ornamentation.
- Transpose tool for tunes.
- ABC tools: Add/remove spaces, comments, line breaks, graces. Change unit note length.
- Faster ABC search utility, especially when using loose match.
- Select multiple tunes to copy or move.
- In the Play window, you can now select a definable backing style for how accompaniment chords are to be played.
- While a tune is playing, more tunes can be queued to be played after it without having to wait for the currently playing tune to stop.
- All commands available in normal tune edit mode are now also available in raw edit mode.
- User defines for playback of ABC ornaments.
Minor Fixes in Version 2.0
- Displays a * in the title bar of a window if the tune or abc file is modified.
- You can set the default size for the tune edit and tune list windows.
- Option for pasting dropped files instead of opening them.
- Option for converting TeX character escapes when opening and saving files
- Up to 9 files on the recent files list.
- Up to 9 external commands available.
- MIDI program (instrument) change commands are sent on the correct channel for voices
- The Toolbar can be moved to a different location.
- Corrected "slow playback speed" bug under certain windows versions.
- Corrected playback of grace notes in broken rhythm constructs.
- Slurs and ties in broken rhythm constructs work correctly
- Handles all keys correctly, even those with many flats, e.g. Ab or Db.
Minor Fixes in Version 1.1b
- Select type of list/index/cheat sheet works properly
- Does not crash after saving a midi file.
- When restoring windows, it works correctly if you have removed the diskette where a
file was located.
- The DDE interface commands tune() and quit() work properly.
Major Improvements in Version 1.1
- Make "cheat sheets", i.e. lists of tune names and first few bars. This flexible function also
allows you to make tune indexes (even in html format), plus any other tune
list you could wish for, since you can choose what tunes to select, how to
sort them, and what format they should be printed in. This can also be used
to split tune files, and to perform advanced searches.
- Last 10 files and search strings available in find dialog.
- Import Bagpipe Music Writer files.
- Import BGP (Pìob Mhór) files.
- Mass import of files (only registered version).
- Playback window, CyberBacker window and Raw edit window behave better.
- Find next and find previous now also work for multi-file find.
- Search and replace in tune edit and raw edit.
- Saves positions for playback window and found files window.
- Option for special behaviour for key "hp" (drone+transpose)
- T, M, P, J, and L in tune for "trill", "mordent", "pralltriller (inverted mordent)"
"slide up to note", and "loud".
- Option to not play graces, rolls, etc
- Reading of abc files is faster.
- A small application Abcplug, to be able to connect it to Netscape.
- Playback of multiple voices.
- You can decide what should be shown in the lines in the tune list, and in the title bar of the tune edit window.
- Option to have a multi-column tune list.
- Pause button, and pause() DDE command.
- Command to comment/uncomment the marked area.
- Understands %%midi directives: channel, program, grace, chordprog, droneprog, chordchannel, dronechannel, transpose
- Setup program looks nicer and behaves better. Unzips to a temporary directory.
- DDE interface improved to work better with upcoming versions of other programs.
Minor Fixes in Version 1.1
- Raw edit: Mark part of tune for playing.
- Raw edit: Remembers cursor position.
- Set font for tune list.
- Option to also save abc file when saving abc tune.
- Play commands from DDE are queued.
- Save/open abc file: Always starts in the directory where you were last.
- Ctrl+A in the edit and raw edit windows marks the whole tune.
- Stop play button in edit window and tune list.
- Tabbed dialogs for options.
- %2 for index of tune in parameters for external commands works for "whole file" option too.
- Handles root notes of chords written as D(A), "/G" and "Am/g"
- Supports global headers in preface text (before first tune)
- Raw edit window: Play, Chords
- Default options for repeat, no repeats, play chords
- Handle !xxx! fields in abc.
- Handle general tuplets (p:q:r
- // is short for /4, /// is short for /8, etc.
- I: fields in tune don't produce an error. They are just ignored.
- Handle pickup bar in Songwright files correctly.
- Show what is happening when loading large files.
- Fixed error when there were too many grace notes for a short note.
- Don't crash on ctrl+E and end of error list.
- Different octaves have different accidentals.
- You can select a percentage for overall playback speed. This is a fix for
certain MIDI drivers which don't work well together with Abcmus.
- CyberBacker can set chords to tunes with irregular times signatures.
- Stop play button in CyberBacker and found windows.
- Mark part of tune for playing from CyberBacker.
- Doesn't give an error for I: fields.
- When starting external programs, %2 for tune number always works.
- Restore windows from last time correctly.
- Drone=X will play a drone of the tonic of the key (for instance A for Ador). X, X,, also work as expected.
- Option to check bar length.
- Writes note length and pickup length correctly to midi files.
- Delay bug for tempos other than 120 fixed.
- Always starts on the search string in the find box.
- Handles rests at end of tune correctly when repeating.